What are the Sydney Business Awards?
This annual awards program for small to medium enterprises is designed to recognise outstanding businesses across 22 categories in the City of Sydney and provide networking opportunities for all participants.
How do the Sydney Business Awards work?
- A business may be self-nominated or nominated by the public.
- Businesses can be nominated in one category only. Please view the complete list of Award Categories before selecting.
- Nominate your own business, or a member of the public may nominate a business via this website.
- Nominated businesses campaign for "votes" from customers using a selection of marketing tools. Votes are accepted by SMS or on this website.
- The top 10 vote-getters in each category progress to the Finalist stage.
- Finalists complete a business questionnaire that is reviewed by a panel of business experts. Some businesses will receive a visit from a mystery shopper.
- Winners were announced at our Awards Dinner on 10 October at The Westin, Sydney with host David Koch.
Who can enter?
- Businesses must have fewer than 200 full-time employees and must be located within the 33 suburbs of the City of Sydney Local Government Area. If you are unsure of eligibility, contact us or check the map.
- Businesses must be in continuous operation for at least six months and be independently owned. If you're not sure, contact us.
- National chain retail outlets, bank branches, etc., are not eligible.
- Independently owned franchise businesses may enter the Awards.
Who can nominate a business?
- A business may self nominate via the nomination form on this website.
- Any member of the public may nominate an eligible business on the Public Nomination form. The Awards will contact the nominated business.
How voting works?
- Anyone can vote for a nominated business either on this website or using the SMS code provided by the nominated business.
- All voters went into the draw to win $1500 in cash.
- Only one vote per person per business is counted by our auditing system. You may, however, vote for as many businesses as you like.
- We reserve the right to conduct audits of votes under the supervision of the Events Agency. Only valid email addresses may be counted.
- The top ten vote getters in each category progress to the Finals.